The 4th Avvantura Festival Film ForumZadar was closed in the crowded Forum. During the past week you had a chance to watch 104 films at the Festival´s locations. There weren´t enough seats for some of the screenings, ...
4th AVVANTURA FESTIVAL FILM FORUM ZADAR
The 4th Avvantura Festival Film ForumZadar was closed in the crowded Forum. During the past week you had a chance to watch 104 films at the Festival´s locations. There weren´t enough seats for some of the screenings, the audience was standing to see the films of Michael Haneke and the great Robert Bresson whose films were shown from the classical 35mm. The audience also had the chance to enjoy festival hits and premier titles. Numerous Croatian premiers were screened in Zadar. The main competition programme was held in the hall of the Puppet Theatre and the audience was delighted with Tango Libre and the jury shared their impressions while giving out awards.
Film enthusiasts in the Forum enjoyed “Pieta” by Kim Ki duk, “The Grandmaster” by Wong Kar waia, “Heli” by Amat Escalante who was awarded for Best Screenplay at the Festival in Cannes...
Festival awards were given to the best:
1. THE AWARD FOR BEST EUROPEAN COPRODUCTION : TANGO LIBRE by Frederic Fonteyne, Supported by EURIMAGES (10 000 euros donated by FOCUS FOX)
2. THE AWARD FOR BEST FEMALE LEADING ROLE : NERMINA LUKAČ (EAT SLEEP DIE by Gabriela Pichler) and SHARAREH PASHA (MOURNING by Morteza Farshbaf, EyeOnFilm label)
3. THE AWARD FOR BEST MALE LEADING ROLE : SITTHIPHON DISAMOE (THE ROCKET by Kim Mordaunt) and MATEUSZ BANASIUK (FLOATING SKYSCRAPERS by Tomasz Wasilewski)
4. THE AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER : JOHAN LUNDBORG (EAT SLEEP DIE by Gabriela Pichler)
5. THE AWARD FOR BEST SCREENPLAY : ANAHITA GHAZVINIZADEH and MORTEZA FARSHBAF (MOURNING by Morteza Farshbaf)
6. SPECIAL MENTION : CAST of the film EAT SLEEP DIE by Gabriela Pichler and SUICIDE SHOP by Patrice Leconte, Supported by EURIMAGES
7. BEST FIRST AND SECOND FEATURE FILM : THE CUTOFF MAN by Idan Hubel, EyeOnFilms label (10 000 kunas/1500.- Euro, donation by EUROHERC)
8. BEST FILM OF THE “EYE ON FILMS” PLATFORM : VILLEGAS by Gonzalo Tobal
9. BEST SHORT FILM : A STORY FOR THE MODLINS by Sergio Oksman
10. “TOMISLAV PINTER” AWARD (FOR SPECIAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE FILM ART) : Japanese composer SHIGERU UMEBAYASHI