ST. DONATUS CHURCH
The symbol of the city of Zadar and the most famous monumental edifice in Croatia from the early Middle Ages (9th c.)
Church of St.Donat is round pre-Romanesque church which was called the Church of the Holy Trinity until the 15th c., and from that time on carries the name of Saint Donat, by the bishop who had it built.
The church was mentioned for the first time in mid 10th c. in the documents of the Byzantine emperor Constantine VII Porphyrogennetos. Today its space is used, due to its extraordinary acoustic features, for musical performances ("Musical Evenings in Saint Donat").
TICKET PRICES AND OPENING HOURS FOR THE CHURCH OF ST.DONAT:
- Kindergartens, children´s homes and homes for abandoned children, children up to 10 years, blind and visually impaired persons do not pay the ticket.
- Children from 10 years and adults 20.00 kn
- Pupils, students and senior citizens (groups) 12.00 kn
- Other groups 15.00 kn
- Vouchers 15.00 kn
* The group consists of 10 or more persons
From 1:01. to 31.03. closed (open after log-in)
From 1:04. to 31.05. Monday to Sunday 9-17 hours
From 1.06.do 30.06. Monday - Sunday 9-21 hour
From 1:07. to 31.08. Monday -nedjelja 9-22 hours
1.10. to 31.10. Monday to Sunday 9 -17 hours
From 1.11.do 31.12. closed (open after log-in)
* There may be announcements of group visits outside working hours.
For notice of group visits please contact the Marketing and Public Relations Department of the Archeological Museum Zadar:
tel: 023 250 613
mob: 091 4254 089